Friday, June 19, 2009

Not your run of the mill mother-of-the-bride dress


Yesterday my friend and I went into Herbergers looking for clearance bargains. I moseyed over to the dress section because I like wearing dresses. They are so easy. Put on underwear, throw one over your head, add pantyhose in winter, sandals in summer, and presto! A pulled together look without having to coordinate more than earrings and shoes. Formal dresses were on sale, dowdy, champagne, beige, or pastel with jackets and beads; real mother-of-the bride dresses. I looked at them and realized anew how pleased I am with the dress I wore to Eri and John's wedding. No dowdy look for me! I wore this dress to a New Year's Eve party and look forward to having many more enjoyable outings in style.


Speaking of weddings and dresses...Connie and I saw "The Hangover" before going shopping. It got such "laugh a minute" reviews but we didn't think it was that funny. It was totally cringe making. There were a few gut busting laughs, but not many. The bride in that movie wore a very elegant strapless gown that had a black ribbon sash. The flowers were white hydrangeas and they had more in front of the alter than we had in the whole room. I look at pictures of Eri in her pretty dress with the blue sash and think, just as so often happens, we were ahead of the fashion, style makers we. (We done good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment