Saturday, March 31, 2012

Removing the knife in my heart

For several months some unhappy person has been making stupid remarks on my blog. As moderator I never post them. They are misspelled insults calling me fat, a whore, boring, and commenting on my lack of sexual attraction or prowess. At first I was upset, but those comments were so totally false and silly, I just would laugh and delete. Today, however, I felt like I had a knife in my heart. Today's comment read, in part:

"You really are a heartless bitch. Your mother, lost her soul-mate. He died! He is not going to come back ever. She is mourning and you are telling her she is repeating a tape in her head. You are the biggest fucking hypocrite ever.  You are a heartless bitch. You offend so many of your "readers" when you bitch and moan and complain about your thousand year old parents. You say your father was not much of a man. Let me tell you something - the acorn did not fall far from the tree. You are mean and nasty. I know the day she dies she will be at peace and away from a ungrateful heartless daughter like you". 


I wanted to cry, I felt so devastated. I have tried to be kind. I have tried to make amends to those I have hurt. I have used these past seven years to see that my parents had a good end of life. I go to the nursing home where my mother is at least five times a week and she is so happy to see me. I hope I haven't been complaining too much. What hurts the most is that someone in my life really dislikes me and doesn't have the courage to confront me face to face. I have not always done or said the right thing in every situation. I am a mother and if I see something I think is a threat to my children's happiness I will come out swinging and think afterwards.


Before I started this post, I went back and read my last blog. Nope, I was not mean, I was not complaining, I was compassionate, and sad, and hopeful. The writer only saw what he/she wanted to see. Yes, it hurts that someone hates me. But their words have no power. I have decided to remove that blade of malicious negativity from my heart. It is not true and I refuse to bleed. The shoe does not fit, and I won't wear it.



14 comments:

  1. Carol - my luv,
    You and I have been through a lot. Sickness, deaths of family & friends, we have been through arguments with each other. But things that were said out of anger, or that were taken the wrong way, were talked about. People make mistakes, because were are imperfect.

    Whoever this simple minded coward is, doesn't deserve one second of your precious time. I have spent time with you and Harriet. I know how much you love her. I know how much she loves you. Anyone who doubts that is a moron.

    You are in a hard situation, and of course it is taxing on you. It would be on anyone. You go ahead and vent whenever you want. And when you see a comment from someone you don't recognize... don't read it. Just delete it. Don't waste your time.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a vile and hurtful thing for someone to write. You are so right, the shoe does NOT fit - toss it out of sight. I'm so sorry that you even have to see garbage like that, seems like there should be some way to block that person from even submitting a response. sigh..... some people are only happy in misery. You are a bright, insightful and wise woman. I'm really glad you were able to quickly put it in perspective and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CB,

    Don't you EVER let someone try to force you into believing that the sacrifices you make are something less than being as good a person as you can be, and far better than most. Ignore their maliciousness and continue to celebrate everyone home.

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many people are doing this ? Any clue why they would do this ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is at least one person, but it might be two. Some are crude and ignorant, this one was written better. Why? I must have hurt them or they just like hurting me.

      Delete
  6. Holy Crap! That is way over the top and uncalled for. The delusions that people have are sometimes ridiculous! You are a gem to this world let alone your mother! I don't understand how someone could be so malicious and it is apparently someone you know. It baffles the mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That this is someone who knows me is what is so sad. And your comment on my jewel-like quality is so undeserved. I do love you.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like something my sister-in-law said to me not so long ago. Once you get the knife pulled out of your back, it heals up quite nicely. Sorry you have to see those postings - I hope it doesn't stop you from writting. Your words are incredibly honest and from the heart. I appreciate them more than you'll ever know. Love and hugs to you.

      Delete
  7. I am sorry. Understand pain comes in many forms. I was hurt so I wrote in anger. I am sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your apology. It is important to me. I am sorry you were hurt and angry. Let this be the end of it.

      Delete
  8. Are you feeling better now ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Rude Person is really angry at someone else. Maybe one of RP's kids has broken contact. Gee, I wonder why? Imagine being called such names as a child! Now RP is lonely as well as rude.

    Love, Jude

    ReplyDelete