Thursday, June 3, 2010

Shrek is back and Fiona is kicking it!

I liked the original Shrek and loved Shrek 2. Shrek 3 left me quite unsatisfied. I hated the whole premise of Shrek inheriting Fiona's kingdom. So it was with low expectations that I went to see Shrek, Forever After, yesterday. It was terrific! The critics gave it a C-, but I give it a big A+. One critic compared it unfavorably to It's a Wonderful Life, one of my all-time most disliked films. (Jimmy Stewart's voice gets on my nerves.) There have been many movies with the premise of what life would be like without a particular person. This one just rocks. I did not see it in 3D but that mattered not at all. I like being an observer in Far Far Away. That is all I am going to say although I don't think I could "spoil it".  If anyone wants to go see it, I will gladly go with you and enjoy myself again!

I walked out of the theater with a huge smile on my face and strolled into Chipotle still smiling. The tacos were quite delicious and everyone smiled back at me.

1 comment:

  1. I like to remember the story you tell about "Santa Claus: The Movie". The reviewer said it was "unrealistic" and you wrote back saying, "Of course it's unrealistic. It's Santa Claus!"

    A lot of people forget that these are children's movies and as such should be looked at through those eyes. I always enjoy movies more when I go in with either low expectations or no knowledge of the story. Heck - even the really really bad teen movie "Fired Up" was enjoyable because I went in with the proper expectations. Namely: low. I mean, "B" movie expectation low.

    ReplyDelete