Saturday, April 10, 2010

Feeling liberated

I am not someone who quietly grows like a lotus. I am someone who springs up like a weed. I am someone who can not keep a secret, nor do I want to. Being told I couldn't talk about the demise of my marriage was a cancer to me. I rotted on the inside and a foul odor surrounded me I am sure. The isolation I felt was debilitating. I never want to feel that shut up again.

Some time ago I started to rediscover my femininity. It was fun and liberating and I needed to talk about it. I needed somewhere safe and non judging. I needed to talk and be listened to, I needed support. I was lucky enough to find an adult website that fulfilled these requirements and blogged my heart out for about a year. Then my membership ran out and I couldn't justify the cost of joining again. For six months I tried blogging other places and was not satisfied. Mainly because I didn't get feedback and support. So I joined again for half a year. I started posting more of my general blogs here on this site, and although I got lots of feedback on the other site, I have only gotten six responses here. Once more I let my paid membership go.

It has been two days and I am feeling liberated from the addiction I had to checking responses on the other site. How many people read my blog? How many responded? Who else has posted? Do I have any responses? What is going on in the forums and how can I have spent all day there? Guess what? I don't miss it at all.

I am hoping that more people will read my blogs and find them interesting. During the last year I have found myself blogging about my thousand year old parents and their antics, and more general subjects. I am realizing I need to make more connections and not just rely on the people who stumble by. Here's the deal, I'll read and reply to you, if you will read and reply to me. What a bargain! Cheap at twice the price.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know WHY I haven't been reading your blog. I'm just now seeing the "Follow this blog" button. I bet that would help! (clicking now...)

    Denise F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I don't like the way that permission-thingy reads. :( I'll poke around some more and see. Maybe bookmark you...

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all like to be heard, it's only human, and why we were given a voice. I don't know that either of my blogs are fare that you would savor; maybe on occasion.
    You've a beautiful voice in your writing, don't limit it. Expand your topics and you will find the friendships your looking for.
    It can be hard blogging. Either you fit into a group or you don't. The web has it's own social scale, and sometimes those with a handle on the voice of humanity are overlooked for something that is a quick, easy read.
    I will click to follow; your writing speaks my language.
    I may not make it every day, and my own posts may seem scattered, but some things we keep to ourselves until there is an audience open to following.
    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete