Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another use for old undies

I have trouble. Trouble cleaning, trouble sneezing, and trouble throwing things away if there is the slightest possibility of ever being used again. Today I conquered all. (Hey it is my blog and I'll write what I want).

I sneezed while sitting at the computer and eating cereal. The LCD screen and surrounding area got spotted. I looked up cleaning laptop screens and found the correct way to do it by using distilled water and very soft cloth. Those old cotton panties that I shouldn't wear performed perfectly.

To critics I say, "That is why I have these old worn out panties!" So there, and na na na na na.

It is funny, during my marriage I wore old nighties and granny panties. When I started sweating so much at night I bought a slew of new nighties because I needed up to 3 a night. When I started dating I went and bought some nice new microfiber undies. Not bikinis, but not quite granny either. It didn't matter that no one was going to see them. I just needed to know I wouldn't be embarrassed if anyone did.

We have all heard it a thousand times but it bears repeating. Don't take your spouse for granted. Don't get too comfortable. Wear your nice things for him or her. Treat them as not something that is always there, but as someone precious who you are grateful to have in your life.

Please listen, you don't always get a second chance.

1 comment:

  1. For those of us who are at least sometimes in adult diapers, that can be a challenge! I have found that if I draw flowers on my dipes with permanent marker, Stanley thinks it's very cute, and it makes me feel cute too!

    ReplyDelete