Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Starting an investigation.

Yesterday I met with a police investigator. He told me that Minnesota has statutes that define Cyber Stalking 609.749, and Cyber Harassment 609.795. He said they work closely with the FBI because the internet crosses state lines. Coincidently the anonymous person who has been posting vulgar and nasty remarks chose to send 5 replies to the last blog I wrote, R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

The investigator suggested I post what he told me and see if it stops. If not, he will start requesting isp addresses from Google, the administers of Blogspot. It can take a couple of weeks up to a few months.

Last warning! If you don't like what I have to say, don't read my blog. Every nasty reply has been saved on gmail and they all can be traced back to you.

2 comments:

  1. OMG - that is so sad. I cant believe someone would do that, yet sad but true, anyone with a keyboard and the internet seem to get more brave. You are too kind to give this person a warning. I would be like no more chances. You comment on my blog again and I will have you arrested. Period. No conversations, no ifs, ands or buts. I have taken the time to read through your blog. I have been able to laugh and at times cry. I just lost my mother earlier this year. She was in a assisted living community the last years of her life. She would ask my sisters when she would be going back to her house. In her later years she thought home was across country.
    It is a sad commentary, while we stand up against bullying in our schools, and yet it is alive and well in the adult world. I hope whoever it is gets the comupings.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think RudePerson is projecting onto your Mom. Maybe RP has a child who's broken contact, and now RP is lonely as well as rude. Really, yours is truly a site for sore eyes, Carol! It's beautifully written and full of love.
    jl

    ReplyDelete