Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Big Mac Disappointment



Not talking McDonalds here, talking Apple.

I am an old, old Macintosh user. My first computer was an Apple Lisa, the precursor to the Mac. In the 90's I owned two Performas. I was not happy to switch to a PC for business reasons and when I was ready to get a new Mac for home use my daughter gave us her Dell. When the Dell died we got another PC.

I was so attached to the Mac. I remember telling a brain surgeon who was computer illiterate to get a Mac. I told him, "It isn't brain surgery." (God I crack myself up) So when I moved to my own place I left the PC and ordered myself up a nearly new, refurbished ibook G4.

Frankly, I am disappointed. This is not the easy to use Mac I remember. I have a problem downloading anything because it will tell me it doesn't recognize the program and I have to choose another, yet whatever I choose is wrong.

I have downloaded Open Office but can't open it. I can't upload photos to LL. Now the Epson printer is not responding even though the right driver is loaded. And this morning the wireless mouse stopped working. I am so disappointed and saddened to be back at the library.

I don't have a lot of money so I am hoping to get a Mac wizard to help me on a barter system. Since most of them are probably young enough to be my grandchildren (provided I had kids at 18) I will offer home made meals.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment