Sunday, May 3, 2009

Across the years

My first boyfriend contacted me through facebook. What a surprise. He looks damn good and so does his wife. I always liked her. Forty years together is quite an accomplishment and I congratulated them. I also told about what was going on in my life and I copy part of it here because it is an affirmation that things are fine, different but fine.

"It has been said that man proposes, but God disposes. I was happily married for many years and have beautiful daughters. When the girls were growing up and we were building our business, we moved in step. Unfortunately my husband has decided to walk a different path, one without me. On paper, we are perfect, and we are still good friends. A few years ago, when we were deciding to divorce, I had to move my 90+ year old parents from Brooklyn, and lost my job. Everything was put on hold.

So here I am 57 years old, no job, no marriage, and our house has not sold for what we need to get for it. And I survive, living like a sister to my spouse, caretaking thousand year old parents, and competing with younger people for a job with health insurance.

But you know what? I am happy, and looking forward to whatever life has to offer. I know that the best is yet to come. The things I have worried about have come to pass and I have learned that they are not the worst things. Life is different from what I thought, and life is an adventure."

There you have it in a nutshell. I'm just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment