Monday, July 16, 2012

Letting go, letting God vs. fighting injustice

Well, not such a Miss Mellow, after all. I've been doing pretty good trying to surrender the entwined circumstances of my mother's life and my own. Still accepting that things will happen on the Creator's timetable. OK.

Then, without notifying me, my hours and income get cut by 10% and I go from 0-60 in the blink of an eye. I am furious, indignant, and ready to take action. I will either quit this job, or give notice, or confront, or, or, or. Oh yes, Carol? Where is your peace? Where is your acceptance? Where is your patience?

I have learned something over the years and that is not to go off half cocked. If I am shooting, let it be straight, let it hit the target. Oh man, I am angry, but I need to give it a little time to percolate and then do the confronting. I have to be calm and I am not there yet. I  believe it behooves us not to go like sheep to the slaughter and accept every injustice. I believe that we are called upon to use our heads and voices to right wrongs done to us and on a larger scale, to our community, the world.

This situation has really opened my eyes to what I want to do after Mom passes. I don't want to sell anything. I want to work for things I believe, universal clean water, the right for women to live safe lives, economic justice. I admire those who work to protect animals, but that is not the cause for me. I'm still not sure what I want to do when I grow up. Maybe the trick is not to grow up; maybe the trick is to find what fires me up and put the energy of my youth and the experience of being older together.

Yes, it is a journey. One of the stops along the way is the little kiosk. I will do the best I can do, but get ready... someone is going to get a well thought out, clear and concise, piece of my mind. Just not yet.

1 comment:

  1. That´s the right attitude Suta! Never do or say anything while you are angry because you might regret having gone too far. And besides an angry person doesn´t get much attention, whilst a calm and well thought complaint will have the desired effect if you´re lucky. And always try to keep in mind that whatever the job one has, obstacles are bound to unexpectedly jump at you. Lol.

    ReplyDelete